Principal Software Engineer/Developer
November 10, 2023
Salary: $120K - $140K/Year
Job Mode: Onsite
Our client in the financial industry seeks a Principal Software Engineer/Developer who will.
Performs Object Oriented (OO) analysis to develop software applications. Develops REST API s using Spring Boot with Tomcat and REST Concepts. Supports recording keeping and health benefit administration applications. Participates in peer project evaluations, code, and design reviews. Uses business knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications and conducting studies of alternatives. Analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to development experts and management.
- Participates in architecture design teams.
- Defines and implements application-level architecture.
- Develops applications on complex projects, components, and subsystems for the division.
- Recommends development testing tools and methodologies and reviews and validates test plans.
- Responsible for quality assurance readiness of software deliverables.
- Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
- Establishes full project life cycle plans for complex projects across multiple platforms.
- Responsible for meeting project goals on time and on-budget.
- Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects.
- Plans and coordinates project schedules and assignments for multiple projects.
- Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various project/technology issues.
- Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
- Advises senior management on technical strategy.
- Mentors junior team members.
- Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives.
- Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience as a Principal Software Engineer/Developer (or related occupation) implementing, testing, and debugging highly scaled, secure Web Services and enterprise Web applications.
Alternatively, Master s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience as a Principal Software Engineer/Developer (or related occupation) implementing, testing, and debugging highly scaled, secure Web Services and enterprise Web applications.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise(\u201CDE\u201D) leading the execution and development of enterprise software solutions -- databases, record keeping, middle tier, and front-end -- using JAVA/J2EE, RDBMSDB (Postgress), and Microservices Architecture.
- DE collaborating in end-to-end deployment, install process, and client Go Lives, using JIRA, JIRA Align, Share Point, and Confluence according to Agile methodologies; and setting up Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes using Jenkins and Bitbucket.
- DE \u00A0supporting and debugging distributed systems using Splunk, DBeaver, Postgress, and Jira.
- DE developing high throughput, fault tolerant, concurrent batch processes and middle-tier Web Services for solution enablement and management applications in a batch/event-based hybrid paradigm, using Java-Spring framework and ORM applications-IBATIS; and developing Web applications and REST APIs according to Spring frameworks in Microservice architecture.
WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION
Your application was submitted!