Assistant Project Manager, Quality Control / Safety
Boston, MA, USA
February 5, 2024
Job type: Salary / full time
Benefits: Paid Vacation, Sick time, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term Disability, 401(k), ESOP
Preferred Work Auth: USC
Job Description & Primary Purpose:
- Reporting to the Project Manager, the QC/Safety/ Assistant PM assists the Project Manager with the daily activities and administration of all aspects of the contractual agreement.
- With an emphasis on Quality Control and Safety measures, the responsibilities of this position encompass a wide range of duties including quality inspections, the deployment of work schedules and work orders, acting as a point of contact for the customer, ensuring all service demands and objectives are met, and complying with all safety practices and standards.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks/Duties of The Position
- Conduct safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment, train employees to abate deficiencies, writing procedures for each site as necessary
- Conduct audits to measure the effectiveness of the safety/QC program and recommend corrective action as necessary
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards and government regulations
- Produce QC/Safety reports with corrective action
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies
- Assist in the investigation of accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future
- Ensure Safety and QC program requirements are readily accessible and easy to navigate
- Develop and produce quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures
- Maintain and improve product quality, investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new work processes and methods as required
- Track site specific programs and plans electronically
- Maintain proficiency in regulatory safety and health developments through professional development, committee/society, professional certifications etc.
- Conduct weekly/monthly meetings on safety related topics and practices, documenting attendance
- Assist in the updating of safety manuals and regulations as needed
- Confirm employees' adherence to safe work practices, guidelines, and policies including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Deliver/coordinate training and maintain accurate records of course completion
- Assist with compiling and recording production data
- Review and ensure the accuracy of records, reports, material use, QC, and other aspects of maintenance and repair
- Assist in the coordination of material inventory records, preparing requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies
- Assist in preparation of maintenance charts, graphs, or statistic compilations for reference by technicians and management personnel
- Sort and distribute work tickets or material and post man-hour data in computerized records
- Any and all other duties assigned by the Project Manager
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations of QC/Safety work. Minimum of 3 years' experience in a combination of quality, safety, and supervision of operations. High rise/multi-story experience a plus.
- Must have good communication skills, have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Working knowledge of CMMS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to changing work conditions.
- Hands-on ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Comply with all policies, safety guidelines, and procedures; follow all contract specifications and maintain compliance.
- Must have a government security clearance or ability to obtain upon hire.
Education and Certification
- Associate / bachelor’s degree in business management or related field; equivalent work experience considered.
- OSHA Certification a plus
- The work environment, while generally hazard free, may include some exposure to dust and varying temperatures.
- This work is primarily in an office environment where the ability to sit and stand for extended periods may be required.
- Sufficient mobility to conduct office work such as computer entry is required which includes finger and hand dexterity and fine coordination.
- Light to moderate physical effort is required while performing operations such as inspections and hands-on guidance and training.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, kneeling, and ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate weight up to 40 lbs.
Work Hour Requirement
- This position is full- time (40 hours per week) and may include extended hours and work on weekends.
- This position is designated as essential. This means that when the facility is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in this position may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the facility.
WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION
Your application was submitted!